Re: SQL code versioning (views, functions, etc)

From: Ezequiel Tolnay <mail(at)etolnay(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL code versioning (views, functions, etc)
Date: 2005-04-20 03:37:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
I just discovered that in the public schema (which I don't use) there is
a table pg_version_history. Does anyone know about this table?

It has versions of two test functions I seem to have created a couple of
months ago when I first installed postgresql, but I have no idea how
this table was created or what is its purpose, since although it seems
to be used to keep track of changes of function code (which is what I'm
looking for) it only has these two test functions, and I've created many
using different software.