SQL code versioning (views, functions, etc)

From: Ezequiel Tolnay <mail(at)etolnay(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL code versioning (views, functions, etc)
Date: 2005-04-20 03:22:36
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all you pg gurus and admins,

   I'm trying to implement versioning of the code of objects that can be
"created or replaced" (functions, views, etc).

   I tried to implement a trigger on pg_proc, but that is not possible.
Adding a rule to the pg_proc table was successful but it never executes.

   Is there a way or a tool to implement versioning of the code of this
objects? Help or hints will be gladly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ezequiel Tolnay
etolnay(at)gbtech(dot)com(dot)au

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Ezequiel TolnayDate: 2005-04-20 03:37:44