waiting during transaction

From: "Nico" <nicohmail-postgresql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: waiting during transaction
Date: 2005-04-13 01:36:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi, I have made a table with statistics of my visitors. Now I have very
complex views(query's) based on it. The datarequest takes too long to
process(longer than 5 seconds...) for a website. I want to show the user a
waiting screen(something like "retrieving data...") in stead of just a blank
screen. I probably have to work with threads and some communication between
server and client. However, I know very little about the topic. Any pointers
or a good website that discusses the topic would be welcome.

Kind regards,
Nico.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Clifton ZamaDate: 2005-04-13 08:26:04