Re: Opening view that uses a function - empty column

From: Brady Mathis <bmathis(at)r-hsoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Opening view that uses a function - empty column
Date: 2012-07-27 21:21:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am actually using Jasper reports to access the view. I created the data source and specified the following:

Driver: org.postgresql.Driver
UID and PW

I made sure to update to postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar (PG version is 9.1.2)

Then I defined a query simply as:

select * from encounter;

I also tried the same query using a SquirrelSQL client (just to eliminate a problem in Jasper) and got the same result. The column filled by the function is empty.

If I select * from encounter directly in postgres, the column is filled.

My apologies if I haven't included the implementation details that you need.

Thanks!