Re: PostgreSQL and Ruby on Rails - better accessibility

From: Nikhils <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Amol Pujari" <amol_pujari(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Ruby on Rails - better accessibility
Date: 2008-06-25 08:33:36
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

i, Could anybody comment on the postgres-pr driver, from performance point
> of view, is it faster than others?

I guess, a more appropriate place to check out for ruby/rails postgres
drivers would be rubyforge.org itself. There is a libpq based postgres
driver available there (ruby-postgres) but YMMV.

> What other options are available to access postgresql in ruby/ruby on
> rails?
> which of them is most popular, better?

Again refer to rubyforge.org. There is a RubyES project amongst others. And
lastly and more importantly I think this list is appropriate for Postgres
database backend related performance questions only.

Regards,
Nikhils