Re: starting postgres with several Data directories

From: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Julius T <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: starting postgres with several Data directories
Date: 2009-12-21 21:26:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> Yes, it's fine. Make a different data dir, point the postgresql.conf
> gile to a different tcp port and off ya go. I do it all the time to
> test slony setup at work.

Agreed, I've actually used it for a couple of different reasons, including
production in a couple of different architectures, no worries about it,
other than making sure you have enough memory on the box to support them
all, along with the remembering which instance you're logged into at a given
time :)

--Scott