FreshMeat and SourceForge listings out of date again

From: Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FreshMeat and SourceForge listings out of date again
Date: 2009-04-03 16:07:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello,

Last July, I made a little utility to help remind people when the
various 3rd-party sites with information about PostgreSQL have
out-of-date information. This utility itself is working fine, but I'm
the only one being notified! As a result, two of the three monitored
sites have been out of date for some time now.

I sent this email to Marc Fournier a week ago, but still haven't heard back:

---

There was a discussion on pgsql-advocacy back in July about keeping
the current published version of PostgreSQL up-to-date on Freshmeat,
SourceForge, and Wikipedia.

I offered to create and host a system for checking if the versions
were up-to-date on those three sites and complaining daily via email
if they were not. I have implemented this system, and it's still
working. However, no individual actually stepped forward and agreed to
be notified by this mechanism. As a result, I haven't been sending the
notifications, and the Freshmeat and SourceForge listings have gone
out of date!

You are an obvious candidate for notification, since you're the only
one with access to update the Freshmeat page. May I have your
permission to send you these alerts? I don't want to spam you without
permission!

If there there is anyone else who you feel I should contact with a
similar request (about SourceForge in particular, since I can update
the Wikipedia article myself if necessary), please do let me know.

---

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take care of this? Does
anyone else want to get added to the annoy list? Here's an example of
what a notification looks like:

---