Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads

From: "Jonathan Fuerth" <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads
Date: 2008-06-14 04:04:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi again,

I've finished the version alerter. It finds the latest version number
at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/, then verifies that version
number appears in a configurable list of web pages. It's easy to add
new ones.

Right now, I've got it up and running against the PostgreSQL entries
on freshmeat, SourceForge, and Wikipedia.

Here's what a notification looks like:

---