What does error code PGSQL_TUPLES_OK (2) actually mean?

From: john_ramsden(at)sagitta-ps(dot)com (John Ramsden)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What does error code PGSQL_TUPLES_OK (2) actually mean?
Date: 2004-05-28 11:30:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I have ported a PHP MySQL app to PostgreSQL, and a pg_send_query()
call is returning error code 2 (PGSQL_TUPLES_OK). Unfortunately
the PHP manual lists the error codes but doesn't indicate what
they mean, and pg_result_error() returns a blank message.

As the token ends in '_OK', I suspect 'error' 2 isn't an error
at all, but some kind of OK status. However, I'd like to confirm
that. Does anyone have a reference where PostgreSQL error codes
are listed along with the meaning of each?

Cheers

John R Ramsden