Re: AT TIME ZONE

From: Shahbaz Javeed <sjaveed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AT TIME ZONE
Date: 2004-08-24 19:16:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

I wonder whether this TODO item also covers cases such as inserting
into a table where one field is time in the local timezone and the
other is time in GMT. Not sure if such a thing is desirable or even
possible (in the SQL standard). The syntax I'm imagining feels pretty
awkward.

I guess the select syntax would allow storing gmt in both fields but
extracting one as local and the other as gmt.

Shahbaz

--
Shahbaz Javeed