Re: FAQ or so?

From: Ulrich Schwab <schwab(at)inmess(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FAQ or so?
Date: 2005-02-24 09:02:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> My question is, how can I refine my arguments, do you have others
>> arguments I can use? What could we say about responsabilities issue
>> regarding to PG? How can I better advocate on PG -more generally- ?
>
> The Oracle and Microsoft and IBM database licenses will all disclaim any
> responsibility for your data loss. You cannot get money off them or sue
> them for loss either.

The (small) threat to be sued might be an incentive for a commercial vendor
to help the customer anyway.

You might need to tell this people that they could provide plenty of
incentive to a open source community by supporting it openly with whatever
means they have. This way they might never need commercial support at all.
Keep in mind: This support is not necessarily financial.

Uli