Re: Can Clipper connect Postgresql

From: William Yu <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can Clipper connect Postgresql
Date: 2005-02-23 22:31:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
Even if you could connect to a Postgresql database, you would still have
to rewrite a lot of code. Clipper like other xBase environments have a
slew of commands that have no analog in SQL.

Your best bet would be to port the code to run under Visual FoxPro.
FoxPro should run 95% of Clipper code w/o issue. Use ODBC to connect to
Postgresql. Then find a few strategic places to add in code to retrieve
tables into cursors (FoxPro cursors) that match the names of the
previous DBF tables. And a few places that update tables based on the
changes to the cursor.