Re: programming language for postgresql

From: Gustavo Pinsard <gustavo(at)ultrasys(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: programming language for postgresql
Date: 2005-01-25 19:54:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Ramon,

get a look at Clarion for Windows - www.softvelocity.com

It is a full development language, WITH a VERY powerful code generation
facility. I am concluding you're new to programming, and if that's true,
you'll bennefit a lot from Clarion.

You will connect to the PG via a very easy to set ODBC DSN, and as you
develop as a programmer, you can forget about the DSN and program the
connection strings directly.

I advise you to get the Professional version of Clarion, if you're
interested on it, instead of the Enterprise, as the Pro version does
EVERYTHING the Enterprese one, and is a lot cheaper. The extras that
come with the Enterprise won't add anything for you, believe me.

If you have any further questions about Clarion, feel free to send me an
email directly at gustavo(at)ultrasys(dot)com(dot)br

I have a "why Clarion" PDF that you might be interested in.

HTH

Gustavo