Re: Best use of second controller with faster disks?

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Vivek Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
Cc: Pgsql performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best use of second controller with faster disks?
Date: 2007-06-19 19:36:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

Vivek Khera writes:

> no file will ever be larger than 1Gb I didn't need to make any
> adjustments to the newfs parameters.

You should consider using "newfs -i 65536" for partitions to be used for
postgresql. You will get more usable space and will still have lots of free
inodes.

For my next postgresql server I am likely going to do "newfs -i 262144"

On my current primary DB I have 2049 inodes in use and 3,539,389 free.
That was with newfs -i 65536.