Re: postgres win32 in FAT32

From: Albi Rebmann <albi(at)life(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres win32 in FAT32
Date: 2004-10-14 12:25:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi,

I do not agree to this :-)

We like to give away some software on CD and for that we like to use
some db, postgres would be fine. We know that it will only run on w2k
and XP (and that is ok), but many home user installations still have
FAT32 partitions. Everthing runs on FAT32, but postgres not. And for
shure most home users will not know how to convert fat32 to ntfs nor do
that, cause they see no reason.
And I'm surprised that some functions will not work in postgres on
fat32. What is the reason?
I know fat32 is less security and on real servers I will always use
ntfs, but for this cd software I can not say, yuo must use ntfs :-(

ALBI...