Re: Check if table exists

From: kulmacet101(at)kulmacet(dot)com
To: dsaracini(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Check if table exists
Date: 2009-03-19 14:29:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

All,

I am doing something similar putting all the field (column) names into
data objects in a class::method. Here is the select for Postgresql I am
using:

SELECT a.attname as \"column\", pg_catalog.format_type(a.atttypid,
a.atttypmod) as \"datatype\"
FROM pg_catalog.pg_attribute a
WHERE a.attnum > 0
AND NOT a.attisdropped
AND a.attrelid = (
SELECT c.oid
FROM pg_catalog.pg_class c
LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE c.relname ~ '^(TABLE_NAME_HERE)$'
AND pg_catalog.pg_table_is_visible(c.oid)
)

Hope this helps.
Kulmacet