Re: How can I manually alter the statistics for a column?

From: Douglas Alan <darkwater42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How can I manually alter the statistics for a column?
Date: 2009-06-02 07:09:55
Lists: pgsql-general
If you want something done right, I guess you have to do it yourself!

Here's the answer to my question.  It works great! Or so it seems to:

delete from pg_statistic s
where exists ( select 1
from pg_class as c, pg_attribute as a
where a.attrelid = c.relfilenode
and s.starelid = c.relfilenode
and s.staattnum = a.attnum
and c.relname = 'maindb_astobject'
and attname = 'survey_id'

In the above SQL statement, "maindb_astobject" is the name of the table and
"survey_id" is the name of the column.  The statement deletes all the
statistics for the specified column in the specified table.