inet/cidr

From: "Worky Workerson" <worky(dot)workerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, andrew+pgf(at)supernews(dot)net, steve-pgfoundry(at)blighty(dot)com
Subject: inet/cidr
Date: 2006-12-20 22:56:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I was looking at upgrading to 8.2, but I make extensive use of the IP4
module.  It doesn't make properly due to the changes in the inet/cidr
types, notably the removal of the type (is_cidr) field of the
inet_struct, which the module uses when casting:  ip4_cast_to_cidr,
ip4r_cast_to_cidr, and a check in ip4r_cast_from_cidr.

I read a bit about the cidr/inet types becoming binary compatible, but
I wasn't sure if I needed to do more extensive conversion, or if I
could just remove the references to the type field and be happy.

-Mike

Next:From: Andrew - SupernewsDate: 2006-12-20 23:22:59