Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication

From: Ian Pilcher <i(dot)pilcher(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication
Date: 2004-07-26 19:08:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Tom Lane wrote:
> Ian Pilcher <i(dot)pilcher(at)comcast(dot)net> writes:
>
>>Turning on pidentd logging, it appears that it simply doesn't work for
>>Java processes. Insert expletive here!
>

> That's annoying! Maybe you could use a different ident server?

Fortunately, pidentd is going to be replaced by authd in Fedora Core 3.
I downloaded the authd SRPM from FC3 test 1, built and installed in on
FC2, and life is good.

I did have to edit /etc/xinetd.d/auth to turn off encrypted responses
(as I had to do with pidentd). Do you know if it's possible to get
PostgreSQL working with encrypted ident responses?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher i(dot)pilcher(at)comcast(dot)net