Help, server cannot start anymore

From: CyTG <cytg(dot)net(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help, server cannot start anymore
Date: 2009-11-29 10:27:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, i recently migrated from mysql to postgres and i might have made a
no-no in that process.
bascily i want/need a selfcontained folder \database where i can zip
that directory move it anywhere, unzip and carry on my busniess with
no dependencies. Postgres presented me with a challenge in this regard
as i am not allowed to run it from a admin account (yes i know i know,
still..), alas i followed the steps here
http://charupload.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/manual-installation-of-postgresql-under-administrator-user-in-windows/

initdb -D c:\postgresql\data
pg_ctl.exe start -D c:\postgresql\data

Fantastic, i was up and running, migrated my data and continued
developent .. the server have stopped on occasion on its own for some
reason i cannot pinpoint, but now it is totally unable to start up,
here is the recent entries from the server log.

LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
FATAL: could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL: It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds.
PostgreSQL does not support leap seconds.
LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
FATAL: could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL: It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds.
PostgreSQL does not support leap seconds.
LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
LOG: could not open directory "G:/mysql/pgsql/share/timezone": No
such file or directory
FATAL: could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL: It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds.
PostgreSQL does not support leap seconds.

Dont put anything onto the g:/mysql directory, inhere mysql and
postgres lives side by side...
I understand the error, the directory is NOT there ... but this thing
was running happily a few days ago .. what went wrong ???