Re: error with access 2003 - column "ctid" does not exist

From: "David P(dot) Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error with access 2003 - column "ctid" does not exist
Date: 2004-07-20 02:57:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

"Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in message
> I am thinking that you could just include "ctid" in
> the select list for your view, and everything would
> work. The only issue would be, in the case of a
> multitable view, which available ctid value you
> choose. I suspect that the choice will not make a
> difference.

Neither explicitly including ctid in the select list, or implicitly
excluding ctid by specifying individual columns will work.

I tried using different recordset parameters, and found one that works, at
least with the simple test recordset that I posted:

CursorLocation = adUseClient
- Have to use client-side rather than server-side cursor engine, at
least with current ODBC driver

CursorType = adOpenStatic
- Can only use static cursor if client-side cursor engine specified,
per docs
- adOpenStatic is used with adUseClient, no matter what is specified in
code
Verified this by examining recordset properties in the VB "locals"
window

If this is correct, might be useful to put somewhere in FAQ.

David P. Lurie