Re: [Dbdpg-general] benchmarking old Pg and DBD::Pg

From: Vlad <marchenko(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>
Cc: Brandon Metcalf <bmetcalf(at)nortel(dot)com>,dbdpg-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Dbdpg-general] benchmarking old Pg and DBD::Pg
Date: 2005-04-08 19:07:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
David,

it's acceptible (actually better in form of passing columns type via
bind_values) as a quick workaround for a small scripts only. Actually
as a quick workarround it's easier to downgrade DBD::Pg.

Think of numerouse DB-OO Mappers and Object Persistance tools... it
won't be easy to fix all of them. As of right now a lot of times you
get screwed if you upgrade DBD::Pg to 1.40-1.41.