MinGW, psql, and readline

From: "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MinGW, psql, and readline
Date: 2004-06-08 07:23:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm trying to compile psql using MinGW but the only way to succeed with that
is apparently to configure "--without-readline". I've searched for a pure
MinGW port of the readline package and I found one at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwrep/. Apparently it's too old. I also
tried to compile the latest sources for readline-4.3. Apparently readline
uses termio and termio is not part of MinGW.

I need help. I bet someone has solved this in a good way (i.e. without using
the cygwin dll's).

Thanks,

Thomas Hallgren