Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails

From: WildWezyr <wildwezyr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: milen(at)radev(dot)net
Subject: Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date: 2010-01-22 11:44:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Jan 21, 6:17 pm, mi(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)radev(dot)net ("Milen A. Radev") wrote:

> [...]
>
> For the test I changed all regional settings to "Polish (Poland)",
> restarted the machine, created a new cluster and a new database (using
> the commands from the last mail from Heikki).
>
> A side-note: tested exactly the same function but on "Bulgarian
> (Bulgaria)" system locale and cluster and database created with
> "Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251" locale - no errors.
>
> --
> Milen A. Radev

No error for Bulgarian locale might be related to absence of Bulgarian
national characters in words generated by my test code. I've put only
polish characters (ąćęłńóśźż) - and it fails with polish collation,
but after removing polish characters - i get no error with polish
collation. I thing it may behave exactly the same for Bulgarian - to
produce errors you must modify letters to include Bulgarian chars
(line: letters varchar(255) :=   'ąćęłńóśźżjklmnopqrstuvwxyz'; --<--
put these letters here).

Have you tried this?