Java database connectivity postgresql

From: "shaveta chawla" <omshanti2all(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java database connectivity postgresql
Date: 2007-06-08 10:57:03
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello Sir,

I am trying to connect postgresql to java but I am not able .
Actually problem is that i have confugured the postgresql.conf and
pg_hba.conf files as per given in the documentation
I had installed postgresql 8.2 version on Fedora Core 4
in my pg_hba.conf file my settings are as follows

local   all         all                                 trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32            trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128                 trust

and in postgesql.conf file

listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432
max_connections = 100

then i started the server with the following command
./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i
 server was started but i m not able to telnet
telnet localhost 5432

in the log files this error is coming
LOG:invalid length of startup packet

Plz help me asap. as i urgently need it in my project

Regards
sss1

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Jörg HeßdörferDate: 2007-06-08 11:14:04