Re: Submitting cursored query support, docs, etc

From: "Kalle Hallivuori" <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Submitting cursored query support, docs, etc
Date: 2007-12-10 13:21:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi again Dave and others,

2007/11/29, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>:
> I'd be very happy to look at your code. Obviously I cannot guarantee
> that it would all be incorporated into the base product, but certainly
> all of the items above sound very interesting (I've personally wanted to
> add a cursor mode to the query tool for some time).

I'm trying to figure out where to add this. Insights are welcome.

> We are keen to support major PostgreSQL derivatives whereever we can,
> provided the changes are not too invasive, and I'd certainly be
> interested to include Truviso in our list of supported servers if we can.

We need to refactor dlgColumn to support Columns of other objects than
tables. I wonder whether it'd be acceptable for pgAdmin to have
separate abstract dlgColumn class and a derived dlgTableColumn class?

I should be able to commit some code for review this week (mainly
trivial changes to column handling). Work on developer documentation
will probably produce some results next week or so. A whole lot of
timing depends on when my second child is going to get born though;
anything may get delayed to latter half of January, unless someone
else publishes our results while I'm on parental leave.

Cheers and thanks for all your code,

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/