Bulk copy with connection locking patch

From: "Kalle Hallivuori" <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bulk copy with connection locking patch
Date: 2007-08-02 08:11:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi again.

I added a new proposal patch at http://kato.iki.fi/sw/db/postgresql/jdbc/copy/

It locks the QueryExecutor and thus the connection so that control can
return to user while the connection is in Copy state. It's
considerably more code than the minimal version, but provides copying
into database as an OutputStream and from database as an InputStream,
which might be considered more logical usage.

It's only for 8.2 for now; I'll be able to clean it up for other
versions next week or so. I could also write unit tests of thread
conflicts etc. if there is any interest in this approach.

I could provide wrapper classes for object-based copying once we
settle on an implementation of the stream level approach. Oh, and I'd
be willing to try my hands on binary copy wrapping as well.

I'd be pleased to have any input about this approach.

Hope this helps someone,

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Dave CramerDate: 2007-08-02 09:28:27