WinCE/Pocket PC port for the C client library

From: "Nuno Lucas" <ntlucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WinCE/Pocket PC port for the C client library
Date: 2006-04-13 08:50:13
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,

I'm implementing a WinCE 4.x (Pocket PC 2003) application which needs
to get data from a postgres database, so I "hacked" the 8.1.2 libpq
source so I could get it working.

Well, it seems to be working ok, but, as I don't know the code, have
no idea if my hack is acceptable or induces other bugs I haven't seen
yet.

I attach my patch here, for any people interested.

I also extended a test application I had already made for sqlite3 so
it could be used as a basic test - SQLmd. It allows to open a sqlite3
or postgres database and make queries on it.

Full source, including eVC4 project files and a "sparse" version of
the postgres source are available at the following address:

http://www.xpto.ath.cx/~lucas/postgres/SQLmd_source.zip

For those who just want to try it, a PocketPC 2003 binary (ARM) is
available here:

http://www.xpto.ath.cx/~lucas/postgres/SQLmd_dbg.exe

Well, I'll wait for people to tell me how I should proceed now...

Best regards,
~Nuno Lucas

pgsql-ports by date