Copying schemas between databases

To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Copying schemas between databases
Date: 2007-05-09 14:00:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

Im using postgresql 8.2

I need to access data accross databases, I believe this is not possible in
Postgre. So my only alternative appears to be copying data, the whole
public schema, from one database to another.

For example, i have a reporting database and several other databases i would
like to report on. I need to copy my public schemas from the original
databases to the reporting database and rename them like so:

MyFirstDatabase.public > ReportingDatabase.firstdb
OtherDatabase > ReportingDatabase.otherdb

What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Or am i wrong in thinking i
cannot access adta directly accross databases?

Any help much apperciated.

thanks gp