Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files

From: "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Albert Cervera Areny" <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files
Date: 2006-12-24 18:49:39
Lists: pgsql-patches
On 12/24/06, Albert Cervera Areny <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>        yes I'm working on it. I've got a more recent version that doesn't crash on
> initdb and works with sort files. I've got a couple of things pending and
> will post it as soon as I can. If you want I could make a diff and send it to
> you in case you wanted to test/improve the patch.
>        Refering to some of the comment I never answered (sorry about that) I prefer
> to use GetTempTablespace() as I think it's easier to read/understand than
> GetDefaultTablespace(true).
>        And thanks for pointing to temporary indexes. There seems not to be temporary
> indexes but indexes of temporary tables, which could use GetTempTablespace()
> too...

yeah, it was late and i was almost asleep... i was thinking in
temporary sequences, but indexes on temporary tables it's not a bad
idea too...
that was the reason i think it's better to use the same
GetDefaultTablespace() function it's less intrussive and is not
directed to one particular object but all temp objects can benefit...

i will wait your patch when you think is ready for discussion...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.