Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jacques Gollion <jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com>
Subject: Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument
Date: 2006-01-09 17:48:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacques Gollion <jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com>
Date: Jan 9, 2006 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without
any argument
To: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

hello Jaime,

Sorry. I forgot to provide you with the information. Please find the
function and
the trace of jdbc calls in the enclosed file.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jacques

Jaime Casanova a écrit :

> On 1/3/06, Jacques Gollion <jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference: 2139
> > Logged by: Jacques Gollion
> > Email address: jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
> > Operating system: Windows 2000
> > Details:
> >
> > have have written some functions without any argument. When my powerbuilder
> > V9 application calls these functions, the behaviour is different :
> >
> > *Using ODBC driver, it works well
> > *Using JDBC driver (I tried several versions), I get the error message
> > "ERROR : Syntax error at or near $1. If I add a unused argument to the
> > function; it works.
> > If I call in JDBC the same function for Oracle or Sybase, it works.
> > If I call other PostGreSQL functions with arguments, it works.
> >
> > Where am I wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >

> and... where is the function? how is defined? how do you use it?
>
> code, please wiyhout that you can't expect any help...

well. this looks like an specific jdbc issue so i will redirect you to
that list... maybe a little info about the table and the sequence and
maybe the actual code where this error is happening can be of hlp...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

Attachment Content-Type Size
Information.log application/x-unknown-content-type-txtfile 2.1 KB