Re: BUG #1767: Trigger handling

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: THILANKA <tilankaedu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1767: Trigger handling
Date: 2005-07-15 21:56:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 7/13/05, THILANKA <tilankaedu(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 1767
> Logged by: THILANKA
> Email address: tilankaedu(at)yahoo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: suse 9.0 builti
> Operating system: SUSE LINUX
> Details:
>
> Here is the my question.
>
> I tried to pass parameters to the trigger using "new" key word, but it's not
> accepted. The purpose of doing that i want to pass some data to a "c" file
> and to send the same data into a another database. So in that problem i
> faild. If u know how to do that pls send me the way.

Triggers doesn't accept parameters at runtime.

taken from: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createtrigger.html

CREATE TRIGGER name { BEFORE | AFTER } { event [ OR ... ] }
ON table [ FOR [ EACH ] { ROW | STATEMENT } ]
EXECUTE PROCEDURE funcname ( arguments )

arguments
An optional comma-separated list of arguments to be provided to the
function when the trigger is executed. The arguments are literal
string constants. Simple names and numeric constants may be written
here, too, but they will all be converted to strings. Please check the
description of the implementation language of the trigger function
about how the trigger arguments are accessible within the function; it
may be different from normal function arguments.

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova