Re: Pgtcl manual online / was: Request temporary freeze of libpgtcl...

From: ljb <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgtcl manual online / was: Request temporary freeze of libpgtcl...
Date: 2004-03-05 02:30:53
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net wrote:

> I'd prefer to have the documentation live closer to the project than to have
> it up on techdocs, though techdocs is probably better than someone personal
> home page.
>
> Chris, is there some way to accomplish this with gborg?
>
> Josh, is this something that Gforge would give us?
>
> Anyone know what the guys working on the perl interface have done?

My mistake. I see that the Perl interface documentation was never part of
the PostgreSQL Programmer's Manual. The Perl interface documentation lives
inside the Pg.pm file and ends up installed and readable with perldoc. Bad
example.

I think there was a request on Gborg about project documentation, and
the answer was to use the "genpage" feature. That's OK for a few pages with
little cross-referencing, but I don't think it is practical for
DocBook-generated manuals.

Perhaps it isn't that important to have an unpacked version of the manual
readable on the web. But for this first release, I just wanted to make it
easier for people to look at, especially those who might be asking: are
we unbundled yet?