Re: pgpass.cong file becomes empty

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpass.cong file becomes empty
Date: 2011-07-12 15:14:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I have a batch file that runs the "pg_dump" command for several databases
> that I have in a server. In order to make this process work in an unattended
> manner, I set the database passwords in the "pgpass.conf" file but such a
> file gets empty after a few days. I work in a Windows Server 2008
> environment and the path for the passwords file is
> "c:\users\servername\appdata\roaming\postgresql". I got such a path with the
> echo %appdata" command from the command prompt. I have been trying to get an
> idea of why this is happenning but I do not have a clue until now. I will
> very much appreciate any comment.

If you mean why it is emptying out, it is certainly not being done by Postgres
or the pg_dump program. As the name of the path has "roaming" in it, perhaps
Windows is copying over the blank file from somewhere else, perhaps when the
user logs in / log out?

- --
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 201107121110