PgDay Athens 2009: Call for Presentations

From: Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: atlpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgDay Athens 2009: Call for Presentations
Date: 2009-06-24 03:18:26
Lists: atlpug
The PostgreSQL Conference, U.S. series is having a PgDay on Saturday,
September 19, 2009 at The University of Georgia in Athens, GA, less
than 90 minutes from Atlanta.  PgDay will be a single-day event located in
historic Old College on the University's beautiful North Campus.
Recently named number 5 in Kiplinger's Personal Finance "10 Best
Cities of 2009" list, the Classic City is famous for its music, food,
and Southern hospitality;  come enjoy the city with members of the Postgres
community as we gather to discuss the world's most advanced open
source database.

Talks should be aimed for a mixed audience of students, faculty,
application developers, and DBAs;  possible topics include:

 -  8.4 Features
 -  PostGIS
 -  Interesting uses of PostgreSQL (in voting, education, libraries, etc.)
 -  SQL (query optimization, nifty tricks, use of PLs, etc.)
 -  Administration tips (performance, scaling, backups, etc.)
 -  Migration tips
 -  Etc...

To submit your presentation proposal, please go to:

http://postgresqlconference.org/2009/pgday/athens

The Call for Presentations will close on August 1st.

Thanks, and I hope to see y'all in Athens!

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com

atlpug by date

Next:From: Barbara KotlyarDate: 2009-09-10 19:32:23