Good evening, y'all; Josh Berkus forwards the following, in case any
of y'all are interested (resending, since the attachment was too
---------- Forwarded message ----------
> Please find attached the Job Description for this position.
> If you can refer some good candidate that will be greatly appreciated.
> Gopal Koratana
> VP Of Technology & Software Development
> Vendormate, Inc
> 678-234-9925 (Work)
> Protecting the Health of Your Supply Chain
> This message (including attachments) is private and confidential. If
> you have received
> this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
Database Administrator (DBA)
About the Job
Vendormate, Inc, a premier Atlanta based Technology Company, is
seeking someone with 5-10 years of experience whose primary
responsibility will be maintaining, enhancing, analyzing and reporting
on Vendormate’s extensive datasets . Candidates must enjoy working
with open source software and cutting edge technologies. Candidates
will contribute to existing and new Vendormate products and services,
and will have an opportunity to work in an agile fast paced
* Large scale PostgreSQL 8.x Database(s) Administration, design,
configuration, maintenance, & optimization.
* PostgreSQL configuration, HA PostgreSQL Cluster and PITR.
* ETL & Data warehousing and reporting experience, specifically
using open source framework like JasperBI Suite, Kettle, OLAP Schema
design, Star Schema etc.
* Research and use open source ETL tools.
* Ability to work on database scalability issues and tuning.
* Maintain and manage multiple database schema using tools like
Erwin and/or Toad.
* Good Linux system administration skills
o Server configuration & maintenance etc.
Most importantly ability to learn new tools using latest open
source frameworks. Ability to work in a team is of paramount
Good to have skills (Any of them)
* Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Linux Network Administration skills
o File Server, email server, office network management,
configuration & maintenance.
* Ability to configure and maintain Tomcat servers, Apache HTTP server.
* Familiarity with VMWare & Xen (Red Hat Enterprise)
Virtualization, configuration and tuning.
* Bachelor's degree in CS, engineering or related area
* 5-10 years experience
* US Citizen or Green Card.
* Ability to acquire new skills efficiently
* Thrives in collaborative environment
* Good communication skills.
Benefits & Compensation
One of the reasons Vendormate attracts such a dynamic team is that we
offer each member a full menu of benefits relevant to their lives,
both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and
extend to eligible dependents. Our full-time team members enjoy the
* Competitive salaries & wages
Balancing Work with Life
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Bereavement Leave
* Paid Jury Duty
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Business Casual work environment
Protecting your Health
* Paid Sick Time
* Medical Insurance - 80% company paid
* Vision Insurance - 100% company paid
* Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Short-term / Long-term Disability Insurance - 100% company paid
Planning Your Future
* 401(k) - including acceptance of rollovers.
* Stock option plan
* Life Insurance - 100% company paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - 100% company paid.
atlpug by date
|Next:||From: Gene Smith||Date: 2009-05-01 18:27:16|
|Subject: Atlanta Job Opening|
|Previous:||From: Cates, Ashley||Date: 2009-02-17 20:06:03|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Opportunity|