Re: Request for comments: .EDU Advocacy: Guiding Principles and Goals

From: "Michael Alan Brewer" <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "US PostgreSQL Association" <pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for comments: .EDU Advocacy: Guiding Principles and Goals
Date: 2008-09-06 03:17:05
Lists: pgus-general
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
>>          o We must support a PostgreSQL version of the Ubuntu Code of
>> Conduct (which the board has discussed implementing), being
>> considerate, respectful, and helpful at all times.
>
> How does this relate to .EDU, and why is it related to pg-us?

Excellent question!  We'd been kicking this around -board a few months
ago;  I thought it might be a good idea to include in the guiding
principles (just to remind .edu advocates not to get overzealous), but
you're correct that it is independent of .edu advocacy.  I'm fine with
removing it from the GP&G, unless anyone has any objections/additional
comments.

Thanks! :)

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com