Ugrent! Segmentation Fault

From: Kathy Lo <kathy(dot)lo(dot)ky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ugrent! Segmentation Fault
Date: 2005-11-12 01:35:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I just upgraded my database server from Postgresql 7.2.1 to Postgresql
8.0.3. And, I upgraded my unixODBC from 2.2.4 to 2.2.11 and the
Postgresql ODBC driver from the one provided in Postgresql 7.2.1 to
psqlodbclibpq-08.01.0003 (download from www.postgresql.org).

I has written some applications to retrieve data from the database
using unixODBC. These applications are running on RedHat 9.0.

Before upgrading, all the applications run successfully. After
upgrading, some applicatons exit suddenly due to segmentation fault.

Then, I down graded the ODBC driver to the one I used before (that is,
the one provided by Postgresql 7.2.1). All the applications run
normally. But, the old ODBC driver incorrectly map the data in
Timestamp column to Character data (the timestamp data that I
retrieved does not contain the fraction part - I need the fraction
part).

Also, I tried to use GDB in Linux to debug my application with
psqlodbclibpg-08.01.0003 ODBC Driver. When the application executes a
long SQL command (>5000 characters) to select records from the
database, segmentation fault occurrs at the following function call:

LIBPQ_execute_query(...)
{
res=PQexec(...)
}

(in connecton.c line 3164)

In order to test the SQL command, I wrote a simple program using libpq
functions. I ran this simple program successfully and it can return
the records correctly.

Please help me to solve this problem!

Thanks

--