Re: Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views

From: "Greg Patnude" <gpatnude(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views
Date: 2004-02-16 17:56:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

CREATE RULE no_inserts_on_my_view AS ON INSERT TO myView DO INSTEAD NOTHING;

--
Greg Patnude / The Digital Demention
2916 East Upper Hayden Lake Road

""Dani Mezher"" <dany(dot)mezher(at)fi(dot)usj(dot)edu(dot)lb> wrote in message news:002e01c3f199$6fb52a60$b501a8c0(at)FI(dot)USJ(dot)EDU(dot)LB(dot)(dot)(dot)
Hello,

I have a small problem setting the permissions for my data. Actually my application allows specific users to manipulate selected tuples stored in the same tables. Therefore, I revoked all privileged on the tables and encapsulated them through views based on the "user" variable. This way specific users control specific data.

The problem arises when I try to lock my data once it was validated. Although I set the permissions on the views to select and revoked the insert, update and delete privileges; my users are capable of modifying the table through the views. I even tried to revoke the select permission but this does not solve the problem.

Can anyone help me fix this problem???

Regards