Functions returning complex types.

From: "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Functions returning complex types.
Date: 2004-01-26 16:42:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm trying to use a function that returns a complex type. I have no problem
creating the function but when I try to use it I get the message:

ERROR:  function in FROM has unsupported return type

Apparently, this message stems from the parser. Changing the function so
that it returns a SETOF the same complex type works fine.

Is this the expected behavior? Is SETOF a requirement when using complex
types?

Regards,

- thomas

Next:From: ohpDate: 2004-01-26 16:48:34