Re: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link

From: ljb <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link
Date: 2004-01-17 01:04:39
Lists: pgsql-php

mauro(dot)folcarelli(at)sistinf(dot)it wrote:
> I have the same problem posted by James Ward (Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003)
>
> I migrated from (postgresql-7.3.2-3 and php-4.2.2-17) to
> (postgresql-7.3.4-2 and php-4.3.3-6).
>
> When I connect to the Database via php, I get the following message:
>
> Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0).
>
> I didn't change any configuration file: everything used to work.
> It's the first connection to the database
> (max connections should be 32 by default).
>
> Is it a bug ? Any solution?
> Is there a chance to bypass it?

Did you check for the same situation which was causing him the problem?
He wrote:
:: I had installed the latest version of PHP with postgres support built-in.
:: But in the previous version I had those sorts of extensions as shared
:: extensions.
:: Because none of the config files had changed it was still loading the OLD
:: extensions.
:: Once I deleted them it worked fine.