postgresql wildcard when parameter is -1

From: "ben sewell" <mosherben(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql wildcard when parameter is -1
Date: 2006-08-24 08:01:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi guys,
I'm still running into problems on my front end, but thats because of
access, not postgres ;)

I have a question, when a parameter is recieved as -1 (as an integer from
Access), I would like that parameter to be a wildcard. The logic is that I
am sending the primary key for a table to postgres for a report but when
there hasnt been a value chosen in the combo box -1 is sent to postgres so
it would mean that that parameter don't apply in the SP, otherwise if it did
have another value then the parameter would be used to do some filtering
(joins).

Any ideas? Feel free to ask any questions if you want.

Cheers,
Ben