Re: ODBC Connection failed after importing linked tables

From: "ben sewell" <mosherben(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Connection failed after importing linked tables
Date: 2006-08-02 09:18:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Joshua,
thanks for the link. I'm not getting that error anymore, but now I'm getting
a problem when I'm importing several tables with the error "the size of a
field is too long". As far as I remember, the tables only compose of int4
fields, varchar fields and a text field.

Text boxe's don't have a limit on the number of charecters they are stored
as they are seen as a string. This leads me to believe that it's the varchar
fields, since the highest number in the integer fields is 7759. Any ideas on
what's going wrong? Any ideas what the maximum number of charecters is
allowed for varchar fields? At the moment, I have specified the limit for
number of charecters in the varchar fields.

Cheers,
Ben