MS Access to PostgreSQL Migration

From: "ben sewell" <mosherben(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access to PostgreSQL Migration
Date: 2006-07-17 12:35:25
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi,
I have installed postgresql 8.1.4 on a server, and now would like to copy
all the data from ms access to postgresql. I was planning on using pgAdmin 3
for it, only to find that the Upgrade Wizzard isn't supported in pgAdmin 3.
The database I would like to migrate from is a Access 2000 database,
currently using access as a front end and backend. Do I need to do anything
during the migration to run postgresql as a backend and access as a front
end?

Does anyone have any ideas how to migrate?

Cheers,
Ben

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: sooraj rDate: 2006-08-10 10:15:04