Re: cursors and sessions

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "chester c young" <chestercyoung(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "sql pgsql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cursors and sessions
Date: 2008-03-13 23:04:39
Lists: pgsql-sql
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:54 PM, chester c young <chestercyoung(at)yahoo(dot)com>

> is there any way to share a cursor between sessions?
> I have a costly query whose records need to be visited by in order by n
> number of concurrent sessions, and am unable to find the best way of
> doing this.
> I'd almost like to write a daemon that hands out the next record, but
> that's a royal pain to set up and maintain.
>  <>

Why not pump your data into a table that mirrors the cursor and then create
a function that pops items off the top of this queuing table as needed by
the different sessions?

Aaron Bono
Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.