System in Recovery Mode

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: Postgres <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: System in Recovery Mode
Date: 2008-02-25 14:11:25
Lists: pgsql-admin
Our database was going along just fine this morning when, out of the blue,
we started getting the following errors:

FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode

We are using PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on CentOS.  I was the only person on the
machine and had recently started a small batch that had just finished
querying and updating the database.  This batch runs constantly and has not
been changed in months.

What are the things that could be causing this?

Thanks!
Aaron

  Aaron Bono
  Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.