Re: [pgadmin-support] Motivations for PostgreSQL

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha" <ezequias76(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, Postgres <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Motivations for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-04-10 20:22:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

The problem is, this isn't a logical decision they are making. They are
only comfortable with Micro$oft and when I mention a database they haven't
heard of before, they cringe even though I have proven it's ability to serve
all their needs for the last year.

What it comes down to is that I need to SELL them on the idea of using
PostgreSQL or they may just take their business elsewhere just because I
don't use Microsoft. I think they may actually rather pay tens of thousands
of dollars more for that stamp from Borg Gates.

Are there good articles that compare the databases or talk about PostgreSQL
- I need to site good references.

Thanks,
Aaron

On 4/10/07, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias76(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> Tranfer the responsability (time, cost, performance, training) to your
> customer.
>
> Another thing you could ask them to prove why to use the other plataform.
>
> There isn't many differencies about SGDBs performance for me. I prove it
> by myself and the results where better than Oracle in some cases.
>
> I hope you could make, at least, them think about it.
>
> --
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
> http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com/
> use Mozilla Firefox:http://br.mozdev.org/firefox/