Re: ODBC connection problem

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "Erik Ferencz" <ErikFerencz(at)seznam(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC connection problem
Date: 2006-07-28 18:53:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 7/24/06, Erik Ferencz <ErikFerencz(at)seznam(dot)cz> wrote:

> Hi.
> I have got a problem with connection to my Postgres DB.
>
> I have Win2003 server with Postgres 8.1.4 instalation.
> Let's call this server server2003
>
> I wrote an application in C#.This application is connecting to my Postgre
> DB on server2003.
> When I start this application on my local computer,everithing is fine,it
> connect to DB.(the .exe file is stored on local computer)
> When I start this application on server2003 computer,everithing is fine,it
> connect to DB.(the .exe file is stored on server2003 computer)
> But,when I store this application on server2003 and trying to run this
> application from my local computer (via File Shareing(SMB)) I can't connect
> to PostgreDB.
> I heve temporally stoped firewall,but it does not helped.
>
> Could anyone help me please. I will be gratful.

Sounds more like a network or application configuration issue than a
PostgreSQL issue.

What error message are you getting when it fails to connect? Did you add
any debugging to the application? What does your connection string look
like in each of the 3 above situations?

Aaron Bono
Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
http://www.aranya.com