Re: Profiling tool for postgres under win32

From: aymen marouani <marouani(dot)aymen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Profiling tool for postgres under win32
Date: 2009-11-30 08:42:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I'm sorry and thanks for the help, concerning your question :

"Out of interest, how are you talking to PostgreSQL? Hand-written SQL via
JDBC? Hibernate / TopLink / some other ORM (possibly via JPA)?"

I'm using JPA/Toplink to talk to the PostgresSQL, and I asked my question
about profiling because of a slow simple query

"SELECT i FROM Item i"

which takes 4s to execute.

Cordially and best regards.