Re: vacuumdb error

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuumdb error
Date: 2009-10-16 13:48:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> The fact that this is order-sensitive is just a trap for the unwary
> anyway.  I wonder if we ought to implement a flexible options syntax
> like we did for EXPLAIN and COPY, though since I don't know of any new
> options that are needed here maybe it's not worth it.
>
> ...Robert

I'd personally prefer options that could be used in any order as it
means you only have to remember the keywords, not also the order of
them as specified in the documentation. As long as the order doesn't
affect the functioning of the command, I don't see the harm. It just
makes it easier to use.

Thom